Private Members: $50
Legal Aid, Military, and Public Interest Members: $30
Nonmembers: $90 (Nonmembers must be verified to purchase the webinar. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to start the verification process.)
Any consumer lawyer with any type of claim or issue involving mortgage servicing by Ditech or any Ditech Entities must learn the new signs along the Chapter 11 highway. This webinar is geared to attorneys of all levels who file bankruptcy and mortgage servicing cases.
What You Will Learn
• When and where Ditech filed Chapter 11, and what entities were included in filing
• How to address automatic stay and claims against Ditech
• What is allowed and not allowed regarding partial relief from stay
• Who must file proof of claim, where these claims should be filed, and the bar date for filing
• Whether you can object to Proof of Claim by Ditech in your bankruptcy case
• Whether Ditech can foreclose post-filing of the Chapter 11 and file a Motion for Relief from stay post filing
• Whether you can send requests for information (RFIs) and notices of error (NOEs) NOEs to Ditech under RESPA and Reg X, file counter-claims, complaints, or adversary proceedings re Ditech, and claim right of set-off or recoupment in client’s Proof of Claim
Attorney Oliver Max Gardner III is recognized as one of the leading lawyers in America in the area of predatory mortgage servicing and as the “dean” of mortgage servicing issues in consumer bankruptcy cases. Max received his undergraduate degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 1969 and graduated with high honors from the UNC School of Law in 1974. Following graduation, he served as the senior law clerk to the Hon. William H. Bobbitt, the late Chief Justice of the North Carolina Supreme Court, and as senior law clerk to the Hon. William Copeland, an Associate Justice of that Court. He has been recognized twice by the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys for special national awards. He is also the founder of his renowned Max Gardner’s Bankruptcy Boot Camp.
Are you interested in receiving CLE credit for this webinar? NACA does not seek CLE approval for each webinar in each individual state. Individual attorneys can generally apply for, and receive CLE credit, in their respective states. Please note that NACA is now a State Bar of California MCLE Provider and this webinar is considered pre-approved for CLE credits for lawyers practicing in California. NACA will provide, upon request, certificates of attendance to be used in state bar applications and for records required by California attorneys. Email email@example.com to request a certificate of attendance.
Please note that there are no refunds for webinars since participants can view the presentation after it has taken place. If your registration was submitted less than two hours prior to the event, it is not guaranteed that you will receive access to participate in the live presentation. However, you will receive access to the recorded webinar in the coming days.
Why You Should Register Even If You Can’t Attend the Live Webinar
For each webinar you register for, regardless of whether you attend live, you will automatically receive an email inviting you to view a recording of the webinar and also containing attachments of the Power Point presentation and any other supplemental materials within two business days of the live webinar. This way, if you have a time conflict, you will be able to listen to the webinar and study the course materials at your convenience. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.