For Law Students
The National Association of Consumer Advocates (NACA) is a nationwide membership organization of more than 1500 attorneys who represent hundreds of thousands of consumers victimized by fraudulent, abusive, and predatory business practices. NACA members are committed to advancing the cause of just treatment for and ethical representation of consumers.
Consumer Law Advocates, Students, and Scholars (C.L.A.S.S.)
A joint project of the National Association of Consumer Advocates, the UC Berkeley Center for Consumer Law & Economic Justice and Berkeley Law's student-run Consumer Advocacy & Protection Society (CAPS) to establish and expand a nationwide network of law school student organizations dedicated to the promotion of consumer law.
C.L.A.S.S. is invested in developing the next generation of consumer advocates. Law schools across the country are engaged in educating their communities and fighting for the rights of working families. Join us.
Getting Started with C.L.A.S.S.:
- Send a request to join the student chapter discussion list. Joining the list will connect you with other law students, professors, and consumer attorneys involved with C.L.A.S.S.
- Review our short guide for forming a chapter and our sample chapter constitution.
- The constitutions for all current network members are available below.
Current CLASS Network participants at law schools:
- CAPS (Berkeley) Chapter
- St. John's University School of Law
- Duke Consumer Rights & Economic Justice
- West Virginia University Consumer Law Group
- University of Southern California Consumer Advocacy and Protection Society
- University of Utah Consumer Advocacy and Protection Society
- University of Florida Consumer Rights Club
- University of Michigan Consumer Advocacy and Financial Regulation Organization
- Notre Dame Law School
Consumer Law Job Opportunities for Students and Recent Graduates:
- Federal Trade Commission Internships
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Internships and Honors Attorney Program
If you have any questions, please contact us anytime:
Submit Ideas for Law Review Note Topics
Have you come across consumer law issues in your work that deserve to be explored in-depth in a research article? Share your Note/law review topic ideas for law school publications. Please share your ideas here.
CLASS Student Chapter Constitutions
CAPS (Berkeley) Chapter Constitution
St. John's University School of Law Chapter Constitution
Duke Consumer Rights & Economic Justic Project Charter
West Virginia University Consumer Law Group Constitution
University of Southern California Consumer Advocacy and Protection Society Constitution
University of Utah Consumer Advocacy and Protection Society Constitution
University of Florida Consumer Rights Club Constitution
University of Michigan Consumer Advocacy and Financial Regulation Organization Constitution
Find an Attorney
NACA member attorneys are committed to advancing the cause of just treatment for and ethical representation of consumers and will not, so long as they are a NACA member, perform services for any business or commercial client on a matter where that client’s interests are adverse to the interests of consumers.