- Building your FDCPA Practice Using your Current Stock of Consumer Debt Work
- Developing an Auto Fraud Practice Part 1
- Developing an Auto Fraud Practice Part 2
- How to Become a Successful Student Loan Lawyer
- How Consumer Law Specialties Choose You
- How to Set Up a Successful Mortgage Practice
- Triage Your FCRA Practice
Why These Videos Are Helpful
- Are you considering starting your own consumer law firm or have you just recently started your firm?
- Are you thinking about transitioning into another sub-specialty of consumer protection law?
In this webinar series, you will learn what factors to consider when deciding which practice areas to choose when expanding your consumer practice. You will also learn the basics of setting up a mortgage, auto, FDCPA, and FCRA practice. This webinar series is geared to beginners in consumer law.
What You Will Learn
- How to determine which consumer law practice area best fits your budget and your lifestyle
- How to perfect client selection, price cases appropriately, secure attorney fees, and take advantage of developments in the law under Dodd-Frank and Chapter 13 in mortgage cases
- How to develop FDCPA claims in bankruptcy cases and find simple and common FDCPA claims in debt defense cases
- How to spot good cases, create great cases, and prepare your practice and business for a growing FCRA caseload
- How to set up an auto fraud practice and find viable cases
Robert Brennan began his career in civil litigation in 1988 and opened his own law firm, The Law Offices of Robert F. Brennan APC, in 1991. The firm specializes in litigating consumer cases, including unfair and abusive debt collection, lemon law, automotive dealer fraud, wrongful credit report damage, and identity theft cases.
Elliot Conn is the founder of Conn Law, PC, headquartered in San Francisco. Elliot has successfully litigated hundreds of consumer cases, both individual cases and class actions. Through his class actions and other complex cases, Elliot has been successful in eliminating over $1 billion in consumer debt on behalf of hundreds of thousands of Californians.
Cary Flitter is a highly respected expert in consumer law. Cary is founding partner in Flitter Milz P.C. Cary has built his practice around litigating cases on behalf of consumers against debt collectors, banks and finance companies, insurance companies, car dealers and credit reporting agencies.
SaraEllen M. Hutchison is a Seattle-Tacoma consumer lawyer who opened her solo practice in 2010. She is a trial lawyer whose sole focus is to protect consumers against the abusive and unfair acts of debt collectors, collection agencies, and credit reporting agencies.
Dana Karni founded Karni Law Firm, P.C. in 2007. Her professional legal experience includes actions in federal and state debt collection violations, defense of credit card suits, auto warranty and title situations, and deceptive trade practice issues. She has served as an adjunct professor at the University of Houston Law Center.
Terry Lawson runs a consumer-focused law firm in Kansas City, MO. He provides consumers with debt defense and does some consumer bankruptcy work as a complement to his other practice areas. He also has a busy consumer protection practice including FDCPA, TILA, FCRA and other federal claims, state law/UDAP work, and other plaintiff work.
Adam Singer leverages his expertise in civil litigation together with his knowledge of consumer laws to seek justice under the law for victims of credit report errors, identity theft, telemarketer harassment, unfair debt collection, and other deceptive business practices.
Larry P. Smith is a consumer attorney, handling matters involving the FCRA, FDCPA, and EFTA, as well as state consumer fraud/UDAP matters for over eighteen years. He is the managing partner at SmithMarco, P.C., which he established in 2005.
John Steinkamp has been a practicing lawyer in Indianapolis, IN for eighteen years. His practice, John Steinkamp & Associates, does consumer bankruptcy work and consumer litigation. His office has filed more than 650 FDCPA lawsuits since 2009.
Adam G. Taub is the co-founder of Adam G. Taub & Associates Consumer Law Group, PLC, a Michigan consumer protection law practice. Adam has represented hundreds of victims of auto Fraud since 1998. His practice focuses exclusively on representing consumers against car dealers, banks, credit card companies, mortgage lenders, credit reporting agencies, and debt collectors.
Christine Wolk has been practicing law in the state of Wisconsin since 1983. In 1995, she left her law firm and forged her own trail in bankruptcy. In 2003, Ms. Wolk added consumer mortgage defense to her portfolio.
November 15, 2017