Practice Area: Credit Reporting
Skill Level: All Levels
- Common Mistakes Associated with FCRA cases in Bankruptcy
- FDCPA & FCRA Claims after Bankruptcy
- Intersection between FCRA, Chapter 7, Mortgages, and Loan Modification
- Post-Discharge FCRA Claims: Issue Spotting and Intake
Why these Videos are Helpful
Consumer attorneys are well positioned to assure that the right to a “Fresh Start” guaranteed by the bankruptcy code is realized for unfortunate consumers. Interested in a hands-on, practical approach to finding potential claims related to bankruptcy under the FCRA. Furthermore, all attorneys working on mortgage related issues for post-bankruptcy clients need to know how the bankruptcy schedules, the statement of intent, and other matters in the bankruptcy process impact the rights of the Debtor post-discharge.
What You Will Learn
- How to spot issues for clients with credit problems that have not affirmed mortgages
- How to handle challenges that arise before, during, and after client bankruptcy as well as furnisher challenges
- What to do immediately after a bankruptcy discharge is entered
- How to spot the common credit report trade-line violations after the bankruptcy has been discharged.
December 10, 2021
Private Members: $120
Legal Aid/Public Interest/Military/Law Student Members: $120