The Supreme Court's decision in TransUnion LLC v. Ramirez, U.S., 2021 WL 2599472 (U.S. June 25, 2021) will change the way that federal courts analyze standing. This session considers the impact of the decision on claims brought under the Fair Credit Reporting Act. Familiarity with FCRA litigation is recommended.
This webinar is being sponsored by the National Association of Consumer Advocates, the National Consumer Law Center, and Public Justice.
What You will Learn:
- How to select and plead cases to establish standing in FCRA cases after Ramirez.
- How the Ramirez decision alters the approach to standing established by the Supreme Court in Spokeo
Lauren KW Brennan is an attorney at Francis Mailman Soumilas, PC. in Philadelphia. Lauren concentrates her practice on consumer class actions, particularly under the FCRA. She was on the trial and appeal teams in Ramirez.
E. Michelle Drake is a Shareholder at Berger Montague PC, where she supervises the firm’s Minneapolis office. Ms. Drake focuses her practice on consumer protection, improper credit reporting, and financial services class actions.
John Soumilas is a shareholder at Francis Mailman Soumilas, PC. Based in the firm’s Philadelphia office, John is known for his work in consumer class actions and also for trying cases under the FCRA, including his work as lead trial counsel in Ramirez and in Cortez v. Trans Union, LLC.
Ariel Nelson, National Consumer Law Center (NCLC) Staff Attorney
How to Register
To attend this webinar as a nonmember of NACA, you must be verified to attend education events.
If you are a current member of NACA, register here.
If you are not a member,
- If you already have an account with NACA: Click here. You will be asked to login and then will be taken to your profile page. Near the bottom of the page, under “Verifications,” click the box next to "Please verify me for NACA education events" and then select the organization with which you are primarily affiliated (i.e. NCLC or Public Justice) in the box below. You must fill out both boxes to be verified.
- If you do not already have an account with NACA: Please create an account in our system and check the last box on the form, "Please verify me for NACA education events" and then select the organization with which you are primarily affiliated (i.e. NCLC or Public Justice). You must fill out both boxes to be verified.
- Once you are verified, you will receive an email with a link to register.
Are you interested in receiving CLE credit for this webinar? NACA does not seek CLE approval for each webinar in each individual state. Individual attorneys can generally apply for, and receive CLE credit, in their respective states. Please note that NACA is now a Preferred Provider of CLEs for California, Pennsylvania, and Texas and this webinar is considered pre-approved for CLE credits for lawyers practicing in those states. NACA will provide, upon request, certificates of attendance to be used in state bar applications and for records required by California attorneys. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a certificate of attendance.
Why You Should Register Even If You Can’t Attend the Live Webinar
For each webinar you register for, regardless of whether you attend live, you will automatically receive an email inviting you to view a recording of the webinar and also containing attachments of the Power Point presentation and any other supplemental materials within two business days of the live webinar. This way, if you have a time conflict, you will be able to listen to the webinar and study the course materials at your convenience. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.