- Maximizing Value of TCPA cases
- Maximizing Actual and Punitive Damages under the FDCPA
- How to Keep the Lights On
- How to Succeed in Consumer Arbitration
Why These Videos Are Helpful
- Are you handling affirmative claims under the FDCPA, TCPA, and FCRA and want to earn more for your cases?
- Do you want strategies and tips that can be applied to all your affirmative claims, as well as specific advice to improve your bottom line on FDCPA, TCPA, and FCRA cases?
- Do you want to know how to arbitrate FDCPA, TCPA, FCRA, and ID theft cases?
This webinar series is helpful for practitioners who already know the basics of filing FDCPA, FCRA, and TCPA claims, but who want to improve their bottom line when litigating these claims.
What You Will Learn
- How to put on your “$1,500 Per Call” case from the client intake through trial
- How to discover your story and get punitive and treble damages for FDCPA claims
- How to value FCRA claims and settle cases against multiple defendants
- How to try the case in arbitration to get a the maximum award for your client
Mr. William “Billy” Peerce Howard specializes in fighting robobullies and achieving the maximum financial compensation for his clients. Mr. Howard is the president and co-founder of The Consumer Protection Firm.
Robert S. Sola has his own practice in Portland, Oregon, where he has been handling Fair Credit Reporting Act cases since 1996. Mr. Sola enjoys taking FCRA cases to trial and has obtained favorable jury verdicts against all three major credit reporting agencies.
Ron Wilcox sues banks, debt collectors, and credit reporting agencies for FDCPA, TCPA, FCRA, and identity theft violations from his office in San Jose, CA.
November 15, 2017